Herb & Storytelling Workshops & Events
PLEASE USE THE BOX AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY MAILING LIST TO BE KEPT INFORMED ABOUT FUTURE EVENTS.
Natural Immunity & Respiratory Infections
Saturday 13th November 10am – 3.30pm
A one day workshop to support our understanding of our bodies natural immunity and how herbal medicine in the home can help our bodies prevent, combat and recover from respiratory infections.
The workshop will cover:
- An overview of the immune system and respiratory system.
- Look at specific medicinal herbs suited to help prevent, treat, and convalesce from infections.
- Consider remedies to be found in our kitchen and how to use diet to support health.
- Look at, taste and learn how to blend a medicinal herbal tea mix.
- Taylor make your own medicinal herbal tea to take home.
Knowledge of herbal medicine is an important way to put your health and your families health back in your own hands. I see part of my role as an experienced medical herbalist is to share practical and safe information so that people can better take care of their own immediate health and well-being, in natural and effective ways.
Places on the workshop are limited to a maximum of 5, so please book your place by contacting me here: email@example.com
- Venue – 20 East Way, Lewes BN7 1NG
- Cost: £85 – includes samples on the day and herbs to take away.
- Drinks provided but please bring your own lunch.
- Bring a pen and notebook.
NATURE CURE WALKS
Next Walk: 18th September 2021 2pm – 3.30pm
Landport Bottom, £10 cash on the day. Meet at the Herbalist’s Garden at 20 East Way. Sorry no dogs or children under 16yrs.
Join local Lewes herbalist & storyteller for a walk with a difference, as we connect with the plants and the landscape.
Come and walk with me and let us find the stories of this land, by listening to the birds, looking at the herbs and being free to wonder. Will we find by their old folk names: Hedge Tapers, Fairy Wands, Carpenter’s weed, a heg-peg or scraw, cow parsnip or some Sailor’s tobacco? Or perhaps we shall seek the plants out by their scientific latin names come to understand some of their current day medical uses?
“In the end wild nature will save us” Thoreau
These walks are an invitation for us to truly find our place and presence within the landscape. Thety are suitable for adults who want to reconect with the land and the natural rhythm of the seasons. By weaving ourselves back into the web of the ordinary we find enhanced well-being and ease with our place withing the natural world.
Expect a gentle walk, with some inclines. Dress according to the needs of the weather and your comfort.
INTRODUCTION TO HERBS IN THE HOME.
next event to be arranged.
A series of evening workshops explaining what is herbal medicine and how to use them effectively in the home. Not sure how or when to use a poultice or tea? Want to start you own herb first aid kit? What is good for treating common ailments and boosting your immune system?
In a friendly and supportive group you will cover basic medicinal herbal actions and gain inspiration and knowledge on how to be empowered in using Nature’s medicine chest to treat common ailments. As a herbalist with over 20 years of clinical experience alongside the insights of all the events of family life I like to encourage people to use remedies that can be easily found in their kitchen or grown in the garden. You will gain a grounded confidence on when and how to use home remedies to optimise your own well-being over the coming change of seasons, as well as appreciate the pivotal role of herbs in human well-being. Price includes information hand-outs, starter kits and samples. Please contact me to book your place on these popular courses as space is limited.
HOUSEHOLD REMEDIES & DOMESTIC EMERGENCIES
Finding & Using the medicine already in your kitchen and garden! Introductory talks with demonstrations to give you the practical knowledge to use applications. You will go home with new skills to use straight away.
Ever wanted to know how to take better care of your immediate health needs by using things commonly found in your kitchen, including the medicinal abilities provided by apples, garlic, cabbage, vinegar, salt, thyme, sage and more. Join us for an exploration of how to make effective remedies from seemingly simple and easily available everyday items. Your health in your own hands! In each session we learn about different aspects of our health, and practical ways to make and use medicine. You will be able to go home with either a simple remedy or be given the materials to make one at home with instructions.
To book a place(s) use the booking form below each event. If you need further information, help or wish to pay by different means please contact me for further details, stating which event your are interested in.
To be kept updated about upcoming events, join my mailing list.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- BOOKINGS All workshops need to be paid in advance in full, which will secure your place. Payment can be made by cash, cheque or BACS payment. All payments to be referenced with Name and date of course if paid on line.
- CANCELLATIONS If you have to cancel, 80% of your fee will be refunded if we can fill your place, otherwise you will forfeit your fee. If you book and pay and do not attend the course, no refund will be given. In some circumstances it maybe possible to transfer a booking to another course.
- In the unlikely event that a course is cancelled by the organiser you will receive a full refund.