The clinic is open for face-to-face consultations. I also offer online / telephone consultations for those not able to visit in person. New patients welcome – Skype, Whats App, and telephone consultations are available. Medicines dispensed with due diligence for hygiene. Remedies can be collected or posted. Please see below for fees.
Private consultations are available by appointment, either at the clinic or I can do home visits by special arrangement for those with limited mobility.
Consultations are a collaborative process where time and space are given to you and the totality of your needs. Herbal remedies are specially tailored to your individual requirements, and appropriate advice is offered to help you resource and support your greatest asset – your well-being!
Herbs are used for all ages from the very young to old and can be appropriate for acute to chronic conditions. In the dispensing of your remedies, should you be on orthodox medicines, all contra-indications are addressed and where agreed with you, and if appropriate, I am happy to liaise with other health professionals, such as your G.P.
‘Plants owe the breadth of their action to their complexity, and to their communality with animals of some of their biosynthetic systems.’
Julian Barker – The Medicinal Flora of Britain and NW Europe.
Kym is an Independent Traditional Western Medical Herbalist and holds a full practicing certificate and relevant professional and public indemnity.
Herbal Consultation Fees 2022
Adult & child consultation: Sixty minutes – £55
Appointments are available on weekdays and some evenings.
Herbal Medicines: Remedies are prescribed and dispensed tailored to your individual needs, and thus cannot be returned. The average cost is about £10 per week for tinctures for an adult, less for children and the elderly whose dosage requirements are lower. Herbal teas, powders, and ointments are individually priced and range from £10 to £25 per item, with a minimum dosage duration of 4 weeks.
Please contact me direct to arrange appointments.
Terms & Conditions
- APPOINTMENTS are bookable directly, preferably by phone, or email
- CONSULTATIONS are 1 hour per session and private and confidential, except if there is a risk to public safety. Advice will be given if further referrals are needed to your GP or other therapists. Only with your explicit written permission would any information be shared with another practitioner.
- FEES Are payable at the time of consultation and dispensing of medicine. Medicines are made bespoke for the patient and should not be given to third parties.
- CANCELLATIONS AND MISSED APPOINTMENTS. Cancellations made up to one working day before the appointment incur no fee. Cancellations with less than 48 hours notice and Missed Appointments will incur a £30 fee.
- REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS incur a dispensing fee and where applicable post & packing at cost. After a six-month period of repeat prescription, a consultation will be necessary to review the treatment. Unless otherwise notified all repeat dispensing is undertaken on Thursday, and thus orders should be received by the close of business on Wednesday.
- METHODS OF PAYMENT Cash, cheque or internet payments are accepted. Payment is at the point of delivery of service. Payment later than 7 days of invoicing incur an administration fee of £5 per week on non-payment. BACS payments need to be referenced with name and appointment date.
BOTTLES & RECYCLING
- A kindly request that if returning bottles please return them clean with labels removed, soaking in warm water will achieve this. Otherwise, all jars and bottles can be recycled. Check local authority with regard to plastic lids.